Friday, February 09, 2007

Effing Columbia House

About 2 weeks ago, I received an unsolicited DVD from Columbia House. I sent it back 'return to sender'.

A day later, I called the 800 number for Columbia House to complain and 'cancel' my 'account'. There is absolutely no way to get a live person via it's 800 number. Wonderful customer service, that. I went on to the web site and sent an email and went through the steps to 'cancel' my 'account'.

Yesterday, I received a bill from Columbia House in the amount of $48.00 representing my unfulfilled 'purchase agreement'. Agreement seems to indicate that at some point, I actually agreed to something, which I never did.

So, today, I tried the 800 number again to no avail; no live people actually work at Columbia House, just a big warehouse full of robots and computers.

I searched for a while on the internet and found a number fo BMG/Columbia House in New York, as that is where the parent company is based. That number, should anyone need it, is 212-596-2000.

I just got off the phone with those cocksuckers (my new favorite swear word) and they cannot help me right now. I need to call back because when they try to connect me to a customer service manager in Indianapolis, surprisingly, even the fucking parent company cannot get someone on the phone. The woman I spoke with told me to call her back in about an hour, maybe there would be someone in the Indianapolis office then. What a fucking headache.

Cocksuckers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh...those bastards I lanced from my own skin like a pustulating boil some years ago...against a big, angry lawyer. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

2/11/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger zebulonsmith said...

Sounds straightforward to me, you didn't ask for anything, so you don't have to pay for it. You can't help it if they want to mail you crap.

2/21/2007 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home