Thursday, February 23, 2006

Recent thoughts

I have been playing Star Wars Empire at War a bunch lately. So, far, the campaign mode is pretty good. Just learning the strategy, my poor Rebel units have been schooled a bit. But, perhaps they can recover and topple the evil Empire. Of course, then I will have to play as the evil Empire and crush the traitorous Rebels.

I had some really good socio-political rants running through my head recently, but as I started typing this, I can't think of any.

I have to believe that Bush has some great deal/logic behind the public disaster that has been the port-selling issue. It's just too hard to believe that he would back it so feverously if there wasn't more we don't know about, yet. Seems on the surface to be a really bad move, but with the Dems and Rinos screeming so wildly, there must be more. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

The kids are doing well, the wife is great, the job is great, everything in my personal life seems to be going well. Wonder when the other foot will fall?

4 Comments:

Blogger Myrddyndenox said...

I was having a great deal of success with the freedom loving Rebellion until events beyond my control stopped me from playing. With luck I'll get back to playing soon myself.

Be careful about those rants, use them too often and you'll sound like a paranoid lunatic who can't seem to talk about anything else.

1. What's a Rhino?
2. Has it ever crossed your mind, even just a little that Bush and his inner circle might be fighting for this deal because it means money for them and their friends?

"A man who doesn't spend time whit his family can never be a real man." I am glad to see my friend is every bit the real man I thought him to be. In pondering that quote I realized it cuts both ways. You learn to appreciate the ones you love by spending time with them and it brings joy into your life. On the other hand if your brother-in-law should be getting on your nerves with his constant chatter about cars and utter lack of manners you learn patience and how to control the urge to kill.

2/24/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger Anaximander said...

A RINO is a 'republican in name only', right-wing nutjob speak for someone who runs on a republican platform, but really leans a bit too far to the left.

I maybe cynical, but I don't believe the only reason that the administration is pushing for this deal is for money for themselves and their friends. I feel that there must be some security/trade/long-term goal in making this deal. Again, at least I hope. I heard from a friend that the real push is a free-trade agreement with the UAE. That would be pretty big, I think.

2/24/2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger zebulonsmith said...

RINOs are strange creatures, often rumored to deliver UFIAs to the common middle-classers of America.

5/16/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old news now...wow i am behind...i usually at least "lurk" my buddy's blogs. What is up with me? Oh yeah...the crib lizard...

Anyway, glad to hear that all is well mang!

RINO...i like that...
Ry

5/23/2006 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home