Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Three's company

Seems three kids is harder than two ... who would have thunk it? Of course, it is hardest on my wife as she stays up with the little bugger who hasn't figured out that us non-vampires sleep at night!

As much as I bitch about how things are at home, I really do love my kids and would not trade them for anything. They bring me such happiness.

Saw a couple of pretty good movies. Saw Sin City on dvd. It is by far the best movie adaptation of a comic book ever. It captures the feel of Frank Miller's work to the 't'. It, however, is also not for children. It is one of the most violent movies I have ever seen (I must admit that I don't see many violent movies). I thought all of the actors/actresses did a great job and the stories were great. Highly recommended.

On my birthday, my aforementioned wife and I saw Narnia. The movie failed to capture the real feeling of the book. It was a decent telling of the story, but lacked the depth of emotion that was so well conveyed by C.S. Lewis in his book. Even when I recently re-read the book, it was very emotional in parts (particularly with the death and resurrection of Aslan). The movie just did not get it. Also, I think one can't help but compare it with Lord of the Rings, which book was written for a completely different audience but from the same genre. Those movies were just such incredible fantasy-adventure movies that captured the feeling of the books so well.

I read Myrddyn's most recent post and have made a similar resolution regarding my physical health. To that end, I have started using our treadmill/playground. We'll see how long I stick with that and the eating of healthier foods. Seems like a good plan as I am really unhappy with my appearance right now, but, I am definitely one of those lazy will-less American's that Myrddyn refers to.

I have been playing Temple of Elemental Evil on the computer recently. What a great game, and a great bargain ($10 bucks at WalMart). Hours of dungeon crawl and hack and slash DnD with little cost.

Gotta get back to work, so I can get out of here at a decent time.

Thanks to the three of you who actually read this on occassion. You truly make this blog what it is ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Myrddyndenox said...

I told you Sin City was awesome. I also hear you have already lost the fight and you will be having a fourth child. It is my hope that your fourth child will be a manly child on this the day of...

1/06/2006 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree regarding Narnia. Good flick but not nearly "great". Temple of Elemental Evil? Good game. I need to revisit that one sometime soon (like I have any free time...)

1/24/2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home