Friday, August 19, 2005

I'm here ... really.

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I have posted. Time just slips away. Too my loyal reader, yes reader, I appologize.

Last weekend we went to one of my law school buddies houses. We had a sort of mini-reunion of my study group. The one couple lives out in California and were here for a big SCA event. It was so nice to see them. I really miss hanging out with all my study group friends. They really made the 3 years of law school bearable and fun. It was just like old times, hanging out, drinking some beer, discussing geeky things like role-playing and computer games. B made his signature ribs. They were awesome. My only complaint is that I could not eat more.

Tonight, my wife invited several of her couple friends over for a couples Texas Hold 'Em tournament. With as much poker as I play, and I play a ton, I hope I don't embarass myself. Losing to people who don't play much is tough, but its hard to play against people who don't really understand the game/odds/hands/betting. Hopefully, I can just stay patient, pick my spots, and come out with another big win. (The last time I had a tournament at my house, we ended up playing 2 mini-tournaments, I won both. High expectations. Oh, and none of the Youngstown people showed. Thanks.)

Tomorrow, I head out to Youngstown with my brother-in-law to join that gang and have a LAN party. I expect that I have improved quite a bit at UT2004, but will still likely get my butt kicked by M, P, and R ... again. Oh, well, it was fun last time and I'm sure it will be a blast again this time. Funny how I always drive out there to play LAN games, but can't get any of those guys to my house for poker night. I smell a Jihad.

Monday, I start a new job. A bit of a latteral move but the new firm has more long-term potential. And I have an opportunity to spread my wings a bit and get some experience in different areas of the law - although, the bulk of my time will be spent on what I am doing now.

I have a bunch of news stories I want to link to, but, as I am at work, I don't have them in front of me and don't want to spend too much time on this here. Will try to get to them tonight, maybe. Or two weeks from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home