Sunday, June 26, 2005

Twenty-Fifth of June

Yesterday, we celebrated my older daughter's 3rd birthday; her actual birthday is on July 11, and we will be having another little party that day, also. My wife's idea; and my kids love their birthday parties.

The party was much fun, there were 6 of her 3-year-old-or-so friends. We had a circus theme. Set up a little kids pool in the backyard. Ran the sprinkler. Fed the kids popcorn, cotton-candy, chips and hot-dogs. My little-one certainly had a good time. The clown failed to show. He was supposed to be at our house between 2 and 3 in the afternoon. My wife was upset, my daughter did not really care, and I was glad we did not have to pay the . His excuse (third-hand as my brother-in-law kind of knows him) was that he over-slept ... did I mention he was supposed to be there between 2 and 3 in the afternoon. I think he was afraid to come perform in full-dress when it was 90+ degrees outside. Oh, well, like I said, I was glad not to have to pay him.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids happy. I love to watch them interact with the others. My oldest is sooo full of advice for everyone - 'we don't say ____', 'it's not nice to _____', 'that's rude', etc.

She got a gift of some sort of clothes. Looked right at the woman who gave it to her and said 'Where did you get this?' She recognizes the labels from some stores that my wife frequents, such as Old Navy, Gap, and Children's Place. I like to believe she was not beeing snooty, but who knows what goes through their minds.

It was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home