Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Friends and time

While I have a feeling no one is going to hit this site, I would like to thank those of my friends who were able to make my youngest daughter's first birthday party, this past saturday. For many of you it was a long drive and I appreciate your willingness to share in her birthday festivities. Bella would like to thank you for all of the wonderful presents she received, she finds them all quite tasty.

As we get older and establish our families, time and friends have a way of slipping away. I graduated law school only 4 years ago. While in law school, I made some awesome friends. Unfortunately, I get to see them so rarely that I miss them incredibly. There were many nights of getting together and gaming (not studying), going to dinner, or just hanging out. Long nights were spent chucking dice and flipping cards. Telling jokes and insulting each other. Discussing life, books, music, and school. We have all since gotten jobs in the legal field and most moved from the Akron area - one couple all the way to the desert of southern California. Some of the others have had children, or are having children, or trying to adopt. Whatever has been the cause, we have grown apart. The bonds that I thought would last forever, seem to be slipping away. I really need to get in touch and get together with them more often. My heart aches as I sit here and think of all the good times we had and cherish the time spent together.

My older daughter turns 3 next month. It feels like yesterday that my wife's water broke and we rushed (after she took a shower and called everyone we knew) to the hospital. After about 6 hours of agony, my wife gave birth to our first child, a beautiful little girl. She fit snugly from my palm to the crook of my arm. Now, it's all I can do to carry her, when she even wants to be carried. Being a father has been a dream; I never really understood what a gift being a parent was until I became one. But, she is a constant reminder that time is fleeting. Carpe Diem,

I miss you all very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Myrddyndenox said...

Great post, good choice on topic and well written. Now, you do know you are supposed to post again right?

6/20/2005 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home